cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

correct way to set up mutiple 4410Ns

jmhorne125
Level 1
Level 1

hello, we have 7 4410N's.  i am not sure i have them configured correctly, as connection is very slow, most of the time the connection gets an IP address, but then cannot transmit on network.  when you can, pings are 2000-3000ms.   each of them have ethernet connection, and identical configuration, save for each is set to a different channel (i think im using 1,3,5,6,7,9,11).  i am concerned there is some other issue i am not aware of with my configuration. 

i would like to find out the correct way to configure multiple 4401Ns to work together on the same network, assuming same SSIDs are in use on each WAP.  can anyone offer me advice on what is correct?

2 Replies 2

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Jonathan,

I assume that when you say "identical configuration" that you mean they have different IP addresses.

How close are the APs to each other? With 7 of them using the channels that you have, if they are within range of each other they will have crosstalk.

If you disable 6 of the APs, do you still get the high response times from the remaining one?

- Marty

yes i did mean indentical configuration, except IP address (and channel).

i set them up powerd on one at a time, and they worked great.  i will give a try to power down 6 of them and see what happens.  they are probably 40 feet or so apart from each other