Replies

DNS issue with WAP4400N

jdh132
Level 1
Level 1

The network setup is as follows.

(1)  WRT350N supplying DHCP and wireless on SSID, configured as 1.1, channel 6

(2) WAP4400N static IP 1.245 and 1.246 on same wireless SSID, channel 3 and 9

There is no wireless securtiy setup.. yeah, literally a big house in the middle of nowhere

The issue is with DNS and passing data through the wireless access points. Two of the laptops will no longer proccess dns requests properly, even though they have access to the rest of the network properly and the correct dns from the dhcp server; renewinig IP's and reconecting to the acces points do not help. Two of the other laptops will work fine during this time. Resetting the 4400AP's fix the issue for awhile, but then it happens again. Connecting to the wireless on the WRT350N there is no issues.

I want to upgrade the firmware on the 4400's but it isn't available yet. Still in QA. Are there any other fixes that might help?

15 Replies 15

The mtu size shouldn't affect the wireless connections, and in fact if I connect to the wap on the actual router I don't have any issues with those clients. It's just the WAP4400N's, but I can hard code the standard mtu size as you suggest on the broadband connection and set the access points to "G".

Any word on that new firmware for the wap's. I would like to test this out before deciding if I just need to replace them with something else.