Helpful
Replies

Extending CBW's Outdoors

mj32
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All:

New here.

I purchased (2) CBW240AC for my home and that covers 1 of the major indoor area fairly well at 5Ghz.  I now I want to upgrade another living area with a CBW240AC (replace Omada EAP225) and cover the outdoor areas as well.  So basically, (3) CBW240AC will take care of all the indoor areas pretty well at 5Ghz.  But I have 2 dead spots outdoors, where a facetime call will cut out, and some of the other fringe areas get choppy connections.  I don't need 5Ghz at the fringes of the outdoor areas, but enough to not get a choppy audio call so I'd say around 20-30Mbps(?) via speedtest.

I tried searching but I don't see outdoor units in the CBW series.  What do you guys do to cover your outdoor areas if you're using the CBW units?

I know if I get more 240AC (or 140AC??) units and mount them at the edges indoor, I will achieve what I want outdoors but I don't need the outdoor coverage that often where I can justify spending that much more.  It'll be nice to get full ISP speeds at every corner of my house but that's extreme.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mj

2 Replies 2

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Currently, there is no plan to launch an outdoor CBW model and the only option so far is to have CBW AP/Mesh Extender placed on the edge indoor areas where you could achieve sufficient outdoor coverage as well.

Thanks,

Martin

Martin,

That's a little disappointing.  Appreciate the response.

Thanks,

mj