shamgar5543
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a big house and I had bought the equipments:

Router netgear

3 Access Points - wap4400n

Someone They told me that I could use the same network name as follows:

2nd floor,set the Access Point (default)

On the first and third floor set the Access Point as Wireless Client/Repeater with the Allow wireless station to associate.

click on Site survey and click on the 2nd floor (Wap4400n)

Is that ok ?

p.s

Each Access Point connected to the Swich

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

We offer a great service for our Small Business Partners,  to help de-mystify the technology.

Small Business within Cisco  offer a free design guides via a web site we call  Smart Designs.

Smart Designs  website shows validated Small Business designs and applications   that shows examples on how things should be setup.

Smart Designs  website  also include implimentation guide on how to set up the feature/function/application.

They are validated and tested applications, to ensure with confidence that the application will work.

Smart designs can be found at;

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/smb/tools_and_resources/validated_commercial_solutions.html

A lot of work was put into Smart designs by a dedicated team,so  make use of them.

I extracted one excerpt from a Wireless LAN design guide which  showed the following picture;

(Click on the pucture below if you wish to enlarge the picture)

The Acess points  transmitted the same SSIDs, same encryption keys and mapp those to the same VLANs  to allow for roaming between AP.

Hope that answered your question and  your application is working well, 

The AP's probably will find channels hopefully not too congested.

regards Dave