cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue accessing WAP581

flyZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there, I'm having issues accessing out WAP581 wireless devices. Wireless stopped working on the weekend and today we had to do a restart. After the restart I can see the devices using FindIT, the IP is on our network, but when I try to access them via web browser I always get a time out. Firmware is the latest one. 

Any suggestions?

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on the WAP when this happens.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Would love to check the logs but I can't access the WAP at all.

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you trying to access WAPs through the FindIT interface?  If so, you can try clearing the cache in your web browser. On the other hand, FindIT evolved in Cisco Business Dashboard so we encourage you to upgrade the platform to CBD (Internet access is needed) by simply using the info icon positioned on the upper right of the screen. 

Hi Martin, I'm using FindIT on a Mac, there's no icon for an upgrade, maybe you could share a link if a product exist? I looked for CBD but it seems like it's only for Linux. FindIT is reporting that the WAP is online and provide me with the IP but if I try to access the WAP via the browser using the IP I get a timeout. Also, on a remote network software I have those IPs are not visible, like they are not online. Pinging the IPs is reporting a timeout as well.

Do you see problems with the end clients connecting to the WAP or is just WAP access issue? What is the WAPs' firmware?

Regarding the CBD, you can install it on VMWare for MAC (VMWare Fusion 11.5 and above) https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/cisco-business-dashboard/release-notes/b_release_notes_for_cbd_2_3_0.html 

Here is the download link. Remember you have up to 25 devices management for free without using a license. 

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286325439/type/286325465/release/2.3.0 

Thanks,

Martin

I was able to access the WAP yesterday after disconnecting the hardware for hrs. The main box was beyond hot. Reconnect when it was cold and I was able to get access via web interface for about half hr. Reading online with people having the similar issue I did disable the 5G frequency. Machine was snappy, but then it started to get warm again and access timed out again.

I also did notice that my PoE Cisco 220 switch is acting weird, going off line sporadically. Wondering if the 2 issues are related.

Not sure how to proceed at this point. Tech support?

Hi flyZ,

Regarding the AP - WAP581 you have to call Cisco Tech Support since it might be a hardware failure. Here are the contact details: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

I don't think those two issues are somehow related. Kindly elaborate more on going off sporadically. What is the switch behaviour and have you done any changes on the switch before this issue appeared?

Thanks