cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PLEASE !!! REALEASE NEW FIRMWARE 2.0.4.1 for WAP4410N !!!

ceramicheahura
Level 1
Level 1

as the subject .. All those who have the WAP4410N ...want the new firmware 2.0.4.1 and solve the AP problems of stops an repeat.  believe in CISCO.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3292474#3292474

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3285679#3285679

28 Replies 28

@Andrew

2.0.4.1 resolves and issue where wireless clients will fail to obtain IP from DHCP server after a period of time. This issue has been seen most commonly in multiple AP and multiple VLAN deployments. If you are experiencing this issue, please call the SBSC and open a ticket so you can request escalation and get the beta.

Hi,

I am from Brazil, and here the local support said me, that they cant send to me a copy of this firmware,What can i do to get this firmware?

tks

Thiago

Greetings Thiago,

Please ask level 1 support to escalate your case.

ceramicheahura
Level 1
Level 1

... MAY go away ...and the problems no !!!    well done cisco !!!  

currently reboot our 3 APs from one to tree times a day ... this is the situation!!  ...

I remember the old post which said that the firmware was about to release !! maybe a lie ???

---

Greetings Luca,

Engineering reports testing is nearly complete on 2.0.4.1, so it should be avaialble on Cisco.com Software Download Center soon.

Our best estimates are by the end of February to early March.

Best regards.

---

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Sir I am sorry to see that you are having issue with your WAP4410N. A very high percentage of our customer are finding success with the latest beta firmware. I tried looking up a case for you so that I could see how I could help you. From your userid "ceramicheahura" I was unable to pull any cases, "open or closed" that pertained to the WAP4410N.

If you have had one and recieved the the beta FW may I have that case number. If you have not received the beta FW as of yet, I strongly encourage you to contact our Support Center and open a case, so that we can get the Firmware to you.

If you prefer, I would be more than willing to personally create the case for you and get things rolling so that we can get that for you. All I would need is the serial number for one of your WAP4410N AP's.

Non vedo l'ora di aiutarvi. Hanno un grande giorno

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

emoyers ha scritto:

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Sir I am sorry to see that you are having issue with your WAP4410N. A very high percentage of our customer are finding success with the latest beta firmware. I tried looking up a case for you so that I could see how I could help you. From your userid "ceramicheahura" I was unable to pull any cases, "open or closed" that pertained to the WAP4410N.

If you have had one and recieved the the beta FW may I have that case number. If you have not received the beta FW as of yet, I strongly encourage you to contact our Support Center and open a case, so that we can get the Firmware to you.

If you prefer, I would be more than willing to personally create the case for you and get things rolling so that we can get that for you. All I would need is the serial number for one of your WAP4410N AP's.

Non vedo l'ora di aiutarvi. Hanno un grande giorno

Eric Moyers
1-866-606-1866

hi eric .

we use now a beta FW for APs, but it is not the latest.  I try to open a case but we have some issue with cisco support on open a case, and not try again. Here someone of cisco team write that the stable FW coming soon, but we have awaiting for months.

I really appreciate if you create a case for us and can give us to test the best firmware. 

Tomorrow morning we rewrite here one serial number AP, or tell us where i can send you, maybe in private message or here. 

thanks  very much !!!   i hope something resolve !!

Hello Mr. Zanardello, Please send that serial number to emoyers@cisco.com. Once I get it, i will create the case and get it escalated so you can get the newest firmware.

Eric Moyers
1-866-606-1866

***UPDATE***

Engineering is anticipating the public release of WAP4410N firmware v 2.0.4.2 within the next seven weeks (sooner if possible). It's currently undergoing system test and all signs are positive so far.

SPECIAL THANKS to all of you who helped out with the Beta Firmware. Your feedback is invaluable to us. (And if you're a Beta Firmware recipient who hasn't yet sent feedback, consider this your gentle reminder.)

Thanks to Eric and the Small Business Support Team for all of their help. They are committed (as are we) to providing the best possible products and support for our Small Business customers.

Stay tuned. We'll announce the firmware release in the community.

Thanks again,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group

Hi Streaves,

I´ve installed the beta firmware on AP, the problems of the lost connection with SSIDs have been solved. But yesterday twice , the users could connect on the SSID without pass.

The official firmware is already done?

Tks

Hi Thiago -- Estimated release date for firmware is on or about August 1. Have you shared your issues via Beta Firmware feedback? You should have recieved instructions in email. Please do so if you haven't already.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

In case you haven 't heard.

The firmware 2.0.4.2 for the WAP4410N is official and available for download at cisco.com website.

FW Link:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/pub/software/portal/select.html?release=2.0.4.2&mdfid=282414137&softwarename=Wireless%20Access%20Point%20Firmware&catid=278875243&i=!n

Release Notes: (Please Read before starting the install process)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap4410n/release/notes/WAP4410N_Release_Notes_v2.0.4.2.pdf

Eric Moyers

1-866-606-1866

Hey Eric,

Just some feedback for the firmware update...

After installing the update, restoring factory defaults, and restoring my configuration my speed effectively doubled!  (was 10-12Mbps, now 20-22Mbps).  Sadly this is still only half of what's available (45Mbps)

Anyway, I'm happy for the improvement.  I'll take a closer look at my configuration to see if I can identify any problems there.

Steven

thanks.   we have just upgrade our APs with this last one yesterday

Thiago Cella
Level 1
Level 1

I installed on my AP this new firmware a three days ago, and the problems has been fixed.

TKS TEAM!!!