cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE and the WAP4410N - need a recommendation...

meadowsmd
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for a Cisco, low-cost power injector solution to push the WAP4410N. Network is all cat6 and the AP is 100ft away...

Thanks, Mark

I'm long on Cisco - I believe in the future...

4 Replies 4

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Currently there are no PoE injectors that are certified to work with any of the Small Business Access Points. The current recommendation is to purchase a small unmanaged switch, similar to the SD208P.

Cisco does recognize that this is a need of our customers and we are currently developing one specifically for these devices, Sunfortunately there is no known timeline for when this will be available.

There are some currently available through Cisco Enterprise and other 3rd party vendors, however we can not guarantee that they will work or not damage your unit.

I hope that this answers your question. Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866

Thank you for the reply Eric, it's appreciated. I have a AIR-PWRINJ3 I'd like to try - if that bails, do you have a low cost, small unmanaged switch that has gig ports?

We do not have any unmanaged Gig Port POE switches, but we do have a couple of lightly managed switches that would fit the bill. They are the SG200-08P, the SRW2008P and the SRW2008MP. Any of these would work like a unmanaged switch right out of the box.

Eric Moyers

Mark,

Look at this comparison link for the smart switches, let me know if this helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11229/prod_models_comparison.html#~two

The SG200-08P is 8 port gig switch that will provide up to 32w of power. These switches are lightly managed switches.

Thanks

Jason

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.