Views
Helpful
Replies

problems with WAP 371 disconnects

comitor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have a customer of mine that uses just 1 WAP 371 for a whole floor of users. max devices connected: 21

Sadly, this happens a lot:

after a few days of working normally, the users all get constantly booted of the wifi.

only thing i can find is this message: wap 371 sending sta is leaving bss

now according to the FAQ's from cisco, there are two solutions. 

disable the 5ghz band

or

see if the firmware is up to date....

off course i have done both.

i also looked up around here if users are facing the same problems. 

off course i found a load of people having the issue. just no one that got it solved.

sometimes turning of 5GHz does make a difference....but that is quite rare.

so if anyone has fixed this, please let me know.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may of course also want to look into your RF-environment such as noise etc, l this thread is somewhat informative :

https://208.74.205.244/t5/small-business-wireless/wap371-clients-constantly-disconnecting-reconnecting/td-p/2644798/page/3

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

as36545
Level 1
Level 1

Is any sort of "auto" channel selection enabled?  Usually when you see that a sending station is leaving BSS, that would be because of either load balancing (pushing to another band) or the AP is allowed to "auto hop" channels (in the hopes of using a frequency that may be less congested).  The problem is that any sort of channel change can be quite interrupting to numerous clients.  You're better off doing a little bit of site survey work, find a channel that seems "least used" and then force usage of that channel - unless/until the environment changes and then you'll need to determine the next potential channel.