cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question About Recommended WAP

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1
I am needing to replace my WAP. Cisco Small Business recommended either a WAP125 or WAP581. The WAP would be installed in my office at one end of the building, and I’d need coverage throughout the entire building. I would need at least 1730 Square Feet of coverage, plus since the WAP is installed at one end of the building and would need to reach the other end of the building, I would need that distance of coverage. There would be a few walls the coverage would need to pass through as well, but only traditional sheetrock (not brick or anything too intensive).

I’ve also attached a diagram of the building, coverage area needed, and approximate location of WAP installation (although it doesn’t show the walls).

Which WAP would I need to install in this environment?
Nathan Parker
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

riteshsh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My name is Ritesh Sharma from Cisco TAC. 

As per your query in small business we have a wide range of WAP devices starting from WAP121 to WAP581/WAP361.

I request you to please drop your query to our pre-sales team with all your requirements. An engineer will call you and let you know the exact model number which will meets your requirement.

Pre-sales email :- asksmallbiz-presales@cisco.com

Please mark this as helpful if it resolves your query.

Thanks and regards

Ritesh Sharma

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

riteshsh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My name is Ritesh Sharma from Cisco TAC. 

As per your query in small business we have a wide range of WAP devices starting from WAP121 to WAP581/WAP361.

I request you to please drop your query to our pre-sales team with all your requirements. An engineer will call you and let you know the exact model number which will meets your requirement.

Pre-sales email :- asksmallbiz-presales@cisco.com

Please mark this as helpful if it resolves your query.

Thanks and regards

Ritesh Sharma

Sounds good. I have emailed them. I will report back here with what I find out. 

Nathan Parker

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

By the way, the ideal WAP for me in this case will be the new CBW240AC for those curious concerning this.

Nathan Parker