cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 321 Takes Hours to boot up

mwcorg6326
Level 1
Level 1

There are times I have to power down the WAP 321 Wireless Access Points, for building maintenance and other activities.  Once powered down, when power is restored, here is what happens:

1) The power light comes on

2) The network light flashes

3) The power light flashes off and on for hours.  Then eventually the access point comes back on line.

I tried using the reset button on the back to restore factory settings, thinking pehaps that might help.  But it does not.  I see other people have had this problem.  Isn't there some sofware revision that does not have this issue or something I can reset to get past this problem?  What good are access points that cannot take a power down???

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. This sounds like it could be a hardware issue.

Please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.