Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 371 Single Point Setup

Frank Nilsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I'm having som troubble setting up two WAP371 in a Single Point Setup Cluster.

I have enabled SPS on the 1st WAP and then I run the setup wizzard on the second one and choose "join existing cluster" and type in clustername. It then says everyting is successfull and i click finish. The problem is, that the second WAP never shows up in the "acess points" menu on the first WAP. It seems like they don't see each other.

The only difference i can spot between the access points is an "A" and "E" as in:  WAP371-E-K9 V01 and WAP371-A-K9 V01

Any ideas??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

May I ask where you purchased these units from? The A and the E are significant. "A" stands for North America and "E" stands for Europe. 

THis is significant in the fact that the firmware and features are a little different between the two models and is most likely the cause of your issue.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

May I ask where you purchased these units from? The A and the E are significant. "A" stands for North America and "E" stands for Europe. 

THis is significant in the fact that the firmware and features are a little different between the two models and is most likely the cause of your issue.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi.

Thanks for the quick response.

One of them is baught in Norway, and the other from eBay. So that is probably the reason its not working. 

I guess Ill have to switch out the "A" with an "E" :)

Thanks.