Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP150 : Guest Captive Portal not reachable outside VLAN 1

Thierry_TDG
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am encountering a weird problem with the buit-in guest captive portal on a WAP150 configured in single AP mode with the latest firmware (1.1.1.0).

Actually the captive portal is only working as expected when the gest WLAN is located on the default VLAN 1 (one can see that the portal is reached on the primary LAN IP of the AP).

For obvious reasons I need to put the guest WLAN on a specific VLAN which is different from the VLAN 1. Then the problem is occuring : when the guest WLAN is located on a different VLAN than the VLAN1, the captive portal doesn't work (does not seem to be reachable) and of course no internet access is possible as the client has not been granted by the portal. If the captive portal instance is disabled from the guest VAP, then the guest WLAN is working as intended on the correct IP subnet.

I saw that there are VLAN settings on the AP but I does not correctly understand what they are intended for nor which value I am supposed to configure there...

By the way, this is a problem that I do not encounter with enterprise entry-level AP such as Aironet 1800 series.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Denis

1 Reply 1

Param Shah
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. At first I tried setting up my guest captive portal as per the tutorial video by Cisco however, it does not work on VLAN ID 2. With no alternative, I have set it up on VLAN 1 which adds security risk. Please help resolve this problem.