cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wap2000 closing ports after 10 mins of uptime

snewtonsmedia
Level 1
Level 1

We have two WAP2000's in our offices which we roam between depending on which office we are in. Lets call them Access point A and Access point B.

Both are firmware 2.0.4.0 and have seperate IP addresses. Both are set up with two SSID's and VLAN tagging. Both handle connections just fine and can route traffic. Both are PoE and the catalyst switch reports PoE util at 25% over all of its ports.

After 10 minutes of uptime, Access point B will close all of its TCP ports - SNMP, Web admin etc but does still handle wireless connections and traffic correctly. Access point A does not close any ports.

I have confirmed that when the problem happens, Access point B still handles traffic just fine by checking the MAC address the clients is associated with, as well as powering down Access point A and confirming traffic is flowing. Access point B will also respond to ICMP ping after it has closed all of its management ports. I have confirmed there is no other device on the network attempting to use the same IP address as Access point B.

I have also confirmed that I am attempting to access the management ports from the management Vlan (1) - else I would not be able to reach Access Point A's management ports either. I have turned wireless management access on for Access point B and the ports close after 10 minutes of uptime from the wireless side too, so highly unlikely this is a vlan issue.

I have confirmed all of the settings (bar the IP address config) exactly match on both Access point A and Access point B. The firmware revisions are the same.

Not sure what would cause this behavior to happen? Any ideas? Its rather frustrating.

2 Replies 2

snewtonsmedia
Level 1
Level 1

I flashed it with the same firmware release and the problem seems resolved. Maybe a bad flash first time round.

Mr. Newton, Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you so much for participating in the Community Forums. I found your issue rather strange having never seen that behaviour out of any of our Access Points before. But more importantly Thank You for posting the way that your issue was resolved. That small piece is so often left out when the customer finds a resolution with out one of the Cisco Techs getting involved.

That example, shows how the forums are supposed to work for you the customer. Now if someone has a similar issue and searches the forum they will be presented with a possible solution to try.

Thanks again

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866