cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 2 SSIDs not both showing Clustered in Single Point Setup

leecoxhouse1
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Cisco WAP321 with 2 SSIDs setup Single point using VLAN 1 and VLAN 2 using firmware version 1.0.5.3.  VLAN 1 is the management VLAN.  One WAP321 is connected to a SG200-8 version 1.0.8.3 on a trunked port 1UP,2T.  The SG200-8 is connected to a SG300-28 L3 switch version 1.3.7.18 on a trunk port 1UP,2T.   The other WAP321 is connected to a trunked port 1UP,2T on the SG300-28 switch.  Both SSIDs seem to work but the VLAN2 SSID does not show as clustered under single point Wireless Neighborhood.  Only VLAN1 shows clustered.  Do I have a setup issue? Is the Wireless Neighborhood not showing correct? What do you think is the problem why they are not showing clustered?  Both SSIDs work and connect to the internet.

PS

If it matters DHCP is from the SG300-28 in L3 mode which feeds a RV180 router from a 1UP port on the SG300-28.

4 Replies 4

leecoxhouse1
Level 1
Level 1

I had some friends come over and they had trouble connecting to my guest account which is VLAN2.  It took a long time before they could connect.  They had an iPhone4 and an iPhone5.  I have a windows 7 machine which connects right way.

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

You do not have a setup issue. Clustering/Single Point Setup is based on the device and not on the SSID's. When looking at the Wireless Neighborhood within the Clustering section, you will only see the first SSID listed regardless of how many SSID's you have configured. 

Now as far as the connection are concerned you said that your friends were having a hard time connecting. When they eventually connected were they going to the guest network? When you connect with your laptop, are you connecting to the same SSID or a different one?

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Yes we are using the same SSID.

Update.  The iPhones seem to time out connecting to the network.  This is sporadic and seems to be related to inactivity.  I have now seen this with my Windows 7 machine when it was asleep.  When I first start up a web page and noone has been on the network it comes up blank and when I run fixit it shows a problem with the default gateway.  And then after a while it starts working again. So I am thinking this could possibly be related with the green “features”.  I have turned off the green Ethernet port for the WAP321 on the SG200 but it has not fixed the issue. Is there something I can do on the SG300 where the default gateway lies?

I may have solved one of the iPhone 4s connecting issues.  Even though Apple says WAP2 is the security for newer IOS I have checked the WAP security in the WAP321 and now the iPhones 4s are connecting much better.