Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 cannot update firmware - web-interface timeout

wap321_usr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a Cisco WAP321 AP with firmware 1.0.5.3. The download speed is around 0.1 Mbit/s even though the wire has 100Mbit up/down. The device has PoE and is connected to an HP Procurve 1905-PoE. I have other devices connected to this switch and they work just fine.

I've read a few threads about other people having this exact same problem and that a firmware update did the trick.

I have downloaded firmware 1.0.6.2 and I'm attempting to do an upgrade but unfortunately the web-interface always gives me a timeout.

I would really like to upgrade the firmware and have the download speed back to normal.

What can I do here?

2 Replies 2

jbattist
Level 1
Level 1

Hello wap321,

You can try going to Administration > HTTP/HTTPS Service>Session Timeout and change it to 60 minutes and then test the upgrade.  Hope this helps.

Hi,

I managed to do the update but it was a PITA. I had to connect a power supply to the AP and it to my computer (I did a factory reset beforehand). Only then did it actually initialize the update. Considering this is a Cisco, I am profoundly disappointed in this product. 

Nevertheless, it worked. I will test the wifi speed with different settings tomorrow.

Such a PITA this device.....