cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 - Disable web authentication page

vegaskevin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new deployment of (9) WAP321 access points. We have everything setup including a guest SSID with authentication. My client doesn't care for the web authentication page that appears after you enter the Guest key. Is there any way to disable the web authentication page?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kevin

4 Replies 4

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

If you are referring to the blue screen that comes up and says that your connected or authenticated. There is not a setting to turn that off when the guest is forced to authenticate to connect.

If you are referring to something else please send a screenshot.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Eric,

That answers my question, but it's not a solution the client is happy with. Is there a way to extend the authentication period so the users are not prompted to re-join if they have already enterd the key and web page information?

The client is a church, and they have people coming and going frequently. They are receiving complaints about the repeted logging. So if I can extend the duration between the requests or make it so they enter the key and web page info once that would be great.

Kevin

Under the local users tab within Captive Portal, there is a setting:

Away Timeout—The period of time a user remains in the CP authenticated client list after the client disassociates from the AP. If the time specified in this field expires before the client attempts to reauthenticate, the client entry is removed from the authenticated client list. The range is from 0 to 1440 minutes. The default value is 60. The timeout value configured here has precedence over the value configured for the captive portal instance, unless the user value is set to 0. When set to 0, the timeout value configured for the CP instance is used.

Hope that helps. I would maybe use 1440 minutes (24 hours) for staff and put guest users on say half that. Just a thought.

Eric Moyers

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Thanks Eric,

I will give that a try and see what they have to say next week.

Have a great day!

Kevin