cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 Not Achieving 300Mbps

pwambachSH
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone else is able to get their WAP321 to work in Dual channel mode in which the connection shows 300Mbps as the speed.  I know this is a theoretical speed but I have tried all the settings and have not been able to get it to do it.  I am sitting about 5 feet from one of the AP's now and it shows 144Mbps.  Even when I use the inSSIDer software it only shows the slower speeds while it is able to see other networks at 300Mbps.  I have been able to connect to my home network using the same laptop at the 300Mpbs speed.  Any help is appreciated.  I'm wondering if the latest firmware changed things.  Let me know if your able to see the 300Mbps on your WAP321's.

Thanks

Patrick

1 Reply 1

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Patrick,

The best way to set up a AP to get 300mbps is to use 5.0ghz on 40mhz band, not many wireless adapters support 5.0ghz so you might have to stick to 2.4ghz but it could cause a lot of wireless interfernce if you use 40mhz on 2.4ghz band. When you open inSSIDer while this is set up you'll see what I am talking about. The wave length will pretty much double.

So what configurations have you done though?

Thanks,

Clayton Sill