cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 Performance/ Slow downloads

Marc Lawson
Level 1
Level 1

Need some assistance.  I have several WAP321 and it appears the download speeds are slower than a netgear wireless router.  I am testing performance and was wondering why when my computers are connected to the wap321 the download speeds are slower than when they are connected to a netgear.

Results:

Connected to WAP321 download speed - 30 Mbps

Connected to Netgear WNR3500U download speed - 52 Mbps

Connected to Netgear CG3000 download speed - 58 Mbps

I have tried with two different WAP321 with different levels of firmware. 1.0.6.2 and 1.0.53

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

jonrodr2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope you are doing well, my name is Jonathan and I am one of the Engineers here at Cisco's Small Business. I apologize for any issues with the device.

- have you tested with different settings like a different mode on the radios? i suggest 2.4 ghz N only, if you are using B/G/N

-is this happening to both radios or one in specific?

-have you tested this issue on different clients? are, all of them having the same issue?

-have you tested with the ssid with none authentication? if not , please try it and see if it is happening.

-if you keep having the same issue, please feel free to contact us to open a case, thanks

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4626/small-business-service-and-support-country

Hello.

Is this issue solve?

I have same issue.

I use WAP150 model.

and performance is

Connected to WAP321 download speed 2.4G- 1 Mbps

Connected to WAP321 download speed 5G- 70 Mbps

Connected to IP-TIME download speed 2.4G- 70 Mbps

Connected to IP-TIME download speed 5G- 70 Mbps