cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 Splash Page

Terp84Alum
Level 1
Level 1

How does this work? Do you have to make your own page or are there any "canned" pages to use? I'm assuming you put the appropriate UR, in the redirect section?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Ken
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Excellent question. There is actually a "canned" splash page for the the initial login to captive portal available in the device. The developers did allow room for it to be tweaked to fit customer needs. By this I mean, it allows you to add your own wording or to change some coloration of the page.

If you would prefer to go in a different direction, there is also the ability to do a redirect to a page of your own creation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Advanced Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Excellent question. There is actually a "canned" splash page for the the initial login to captive portal available in the device. The developers did allow room for it to be tweaked to fit customer needs. By this I mean, it allows you to add your own wording or to change some coloration of the page.

If you would prefer to go in a different direction, there is also the ability to do a redirect to a page of your own creation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Advanced Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Hello,

In addition to what Eric Moyers stated, the links provided below are articles that explain how to customize your own splash page and redirect to a page of your choice.

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=3036

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2937

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Nnennaya Udochu

Prabhjit Bagga

Small Business Content Development Engineers

Hello,

yes, i know... 4 years ago, but i have to try :

Eric says:

"If you would prefer to go in a different direction, there is also the ability to do a redirect to a page of your own creation."

Do anyone knows how can i set redirection without included cisco's captive portal ?