Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N-A Firmware 2.0.7.4

paulmac57
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco WAP4410N-A access point in my office, and has started to not recognize wireless devices trying to connect with the correct Pre-shared Key.  It is configured as; Network Settings: Static IP IPv4, IPv6 is disabled, Wireless Mode: B/G/N - mixed, channel 6, SSID Broadcast is enabled, Security Mode: WPA2-Personal Mixed, 8 character Pre-shared Key, key renewal 3600 seconds,  Connection Control is set to local, allow only listed MAC addresses. 

There are currently 9 devices with listed MAC addresses, 1 is a Windows 8.1 Pro tablet, 1 is an Android "Lollypop" tablet, 1 is an Android "Kit Kat" tablet, 2 are iPhone 5c iOS 8.1.3, 1 is an iPhone 5 iOS 8.1.3, 1 is a MacBook (uncertain for which OS X version) and 2 are Epson "Work Force" printers.  Only the iPhones have remained connected, all the remaining devices no longer connect.  the devices can see the SSID being broadcasted, but can not connect either automatically or manually. 

The WAP4410N-A is connected to a Cisco RSV4000 router with a POE injector.   The router to a DCP3010 DOCIS3.0 cable modem.  The current IPS does not support IPv6 to small businesses or their residential customers

I have reset the router and the wap and tried starting fresh without any change, the CAT5e cable checks out fine on all 8 wires, length is 4.5M.  The POE injector is operating at 0.8A and all the front panel lights on the WAP4410N are lit.

Thank you for any help.

Paul McCormick

Mac's Trust

paul.mccormick@macstrust.com

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

When this is happening could you please check your syslogs and see if you have any messages referring to a "stuck beacon"?

Also could you please send me your serial number for the device?

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.