cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N firmware upgrade turns AP into Read-Only device

jwillows76
Level 1
Level 1

My WAP4410N AP is running version 2.0.2.1 firmware which is quite old.

There are newer firmware releases available which I'd like to upgrade to (fix the known bugs, etc.).

So I upgrade my firmware from version 2.0.2.1 to any of the following versions:

The AP reboots and my settings are all still there.

I go to change any of the settings I have - DNS, Time Zone, PSK, any field which can be edited and click Save.

The Save takes place and the screen refreshes to the old settings - the new settings don't stay in place after the Save.

I've also factory defaulted the AP prior to the upgrade, upgraded and then been in the same place unable to save any changed settings.

I haven't found much on this so any help or suggestions will be great.

System details:

Information PID VID:  WAP4410N-E V02

Device: WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point with Power Over Ethernet
Software Version:  2.0.2.1

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason, try a different internet browser, such as chrome, firefox, etc

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Tom,

Tried via Chrome but still getting the same result - read-only - make a change, save, setting reverts.

Cheers.

almostmitch
Level 1
Level 1

I've encountered this problem as well. I'm having connectivity issues with some of the AP's and am having a hard time working them out since I can't get certain settings to stick.

Edit: I tried modifying the settings in IE and the time settings seemed to stick. When I changed them in Chrome, it would revert to the old settings, but when I opened the AP's in IE, they showed the changes I made in Chrome even though Chrome didn't display them.

Hi Mitchell,

Can you outline: "I tried to modify the settings in IE and the time settings seemed to stick" - what did you change please?

Can you also let me know which version of IE, Java and OS this was performed on please?

Thanks,

Jason.