Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N Multiple SSID Security Problem

BlkDrac2011
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting all,

I have come across a new problem with our WAP4410N. I have set up multiple SSID's for various groups of people and guests at our company, the first and main SSID has set security properly at WPA2-Personal with a 63 character password. So I went ahead and setup the other 3 SSID's with the same security (just to initially get security going was planning on taking down one of them for guest account), but when I boot up my testing laptop, it shows that SSID's 2-4 have no security what-so-ever.

I have re-checked my settings in the Wireless Security tab and they are all still set with the passwords.

I am using:

PID VID: WAP4410N-A V02
Software Version: 2.0.4.2

If someone could help with this, it's seriously bugging me to death.

Thank You,

Jeremy Armer

Combined Systems, Inc.

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Did you upgrade to 2.0.4.2 or did it already come with that firmware? If you upgraded the device did you do a factory reset and manually reconfigure the AP?

If not, please reset the unit back to factory defaults. Then manually reconfigure the unit not copy the config file back in.

Sometimes we have found with some devices and firmware that the configuration backup will keep some of the old code with it.

Manually reconfiguring the unit will assure that we are totally using the newer fw.

Also just for testing purposes, please try using a slightly shorter password or try adding the SSID's one at a time. Do the first one and then connect, add a second one and then connect, etc.

Please let us know if you how it goes.

Thanks
Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866