cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410n Not Responding and Will Not Reboot

elcamino502
Level 1
Level 1

We are running two WAP4410n devices in our office.  One of the devices recently appears to have died.  No ethernet, wireless, or POE lights passing packets, however the power indicator stays on steady.  Have attempted a direct connection to the box straight from a computer with both straight and cross-over cables.  Device will not even do a factory reset via the reset button.

Device cannot be reached via web-interface either.

Any ideas?

Matt F.

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

How long have you had the unit?

How long are you holding the reset button in? I normally suggest 30 - 35 seconds.

If that does not produce any results, I would call into the Small Business Support Center and let one of our answering agents work with you.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

This one is only two month old.  I held the reset button for the directed amount of time and no response from the device, just a solid power indicator.  Have found that leaving the device unplugged (both power and ethernet) for approximately 1 hour, and plugging back in starts the device correctly.  Simply seems like something in the device does not permit a reboot, only allowing it to restart after sitting powerless for this 1+ hour time period.  Tried updating firmware with no success; tried rolling back firmware to a previous version also with no success.

We have initiated contact with Cisco Business Support.

Thank you for your prompt response.

MF