cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N very slow and drops connections.

marcus006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

WAP4410N

Firmware version: 2.0.6.1

I bought the 4410N because I wanted an industry standard and bullet proof access point. Sadly in realitly the 4410N has left me feeling very underwhelmed.

I recently upgraded my DSL connection and it was only then that I noticed that the 4410N was not performing as it should.

Here are the tests that I have tried:

1)     Connected directly to the router (RV042) my upload and download speeds are 95 mbps and a ping latency of 3ms.

2)     Connected via the 4410N (Wifi) my upload and download speeds drop to 63 mbps and a ping latency of 32ms.

Does anyone have a tried and tested configuration for this device?

Thanks in advance.

Update

As well as the slow download speed issue there is another serious issue. Whenever an IPAD or an IPHONE connects to the network the connection only lasts 30 to 45 seconds before it resets, and reconnects again after a 30 second delay.

2 Replies 2

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Marcus,

There are a number of factors that can affect the performance of the wireless network. In most cases interference causes high latency and low speeds. Try changing the channel that the AP uses to reduce interference from other networks and/or devices.

Regarding the iPad and iPhone, try changing the beacon under advanced from 100 to 200. I have seen this help with the Apple devices.

- Marty

Hi Marty,

Thank you for your reply.

Sadly this did not make a difference to the speed.

It's a shame that the Cisco support team cannot help with this issue...

Regards,

Marcus.