cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N

hcoralejo
Level 1
Level 1

I have over 20 of these WAP4410N's and they keep on disconnecting at random. To the point that they are un-ping-able and I have to manually reboot the device. And they stop broadcasting any wifi signals (wifi indicator light is no longer illuminated). They are all set up as an access point. I have a ping alert program that notifies me when one is down. Also, to help mitigate the problem I have a script that auto-reboots all the access points every 2 hours. But even with the auto-reboot script, i'll run into 1 or 2 a day where I have to manually reboot the device, and again it can be any one of the more than 20 that we have on premise. I've tried all new firmwares and it just made things worse. Had to resort to the original out-of-the-box firmware for best results. Current firmware that seems to be the least problematic is firmware 2.0.6.1. Any assistance is much appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10838856/disconnection-problem-wap4410n

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

What is the serial number for your some of your WAP4410Ns and about how long have you had them?

The suggestions I can offer depend on the warranty status of your devices. 

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.