Anh Truong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sirs,

I am deploying 03 Cisco WAP561 firmware 1.1.2.3 with the  Single Point Setup

I have created 2 SSID:

- VAP0 SSID-Staff - for xtaff

- VAP1 SSID-Guest - for visitor

I have create Scheduler Profile Profile-Guest to allow access daily from 09:00 - 17:00

I have assign Scheduler Association VAP1 (SSID-Guest) with Profile-Guest

On schedule time 09:00, SSID-Guest allow connect WiFi is working OK

On schedule time 17:00, SSID-Guest disallow connect WiFi is working OK

But, on those time (09:00, 17:00), all staff connecting to SSID-Staff also has been disconnected from network and should reconnect again.

It interrupt all connections or downloads on progress.

Please help to resolve

Thank you!

10 Replies 10

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

Would it be possible for you to get a screen shot of your Wireless page showing your SSID's, the Scheduler page and the Scheduler Association page and send to me. If you mouse over my picture it will show you my email address.

I would like to look at your settings and see if I can duplicate here in my lab.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hello Eric,

Thank you for the quick response

I am sending you attaches screen capture as requested

Hello Eric,

Do you have any update on this case?

Thank you

Anh

Hello sir sorry for the late reply.

I have had a small wireless network setup in my lab using a WAP321 for the past several days. It has very similar setting as yours, except that I set it up for the guest wireless to turn off and on several times during the day.

I have not been able to create a failure like your situation, where the staff disconnects every time the guest wireless turns on or off. My Staff has stayed connected constantly.

At this point See if you can get a copy of your logs and lets see if there is anything in that showing an association or disassociation. 

If that does not give any indications, the next option may be to get you to call in an open a case with one of our engineers and let them work directly with you.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi Eric,

This error happened only on WAP561

I have also WAP551 and this error not happend

Thank you

It does happen on the WAP321's also.  I reported this problem nearly a year ago

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12261986/wap321-scheduler-causes-wireless-interruption

I have both a WAP561 and WAP321 setup here in the lab the schedules are running and have seen no situation where once the schedule begins or starts that all clients are disconnected. If these issues are still on-going it is best to call in and open a case. This way an engineer can work directly with you.

Eric Moyers

New firmware 1.2.0.2 still having same error

Not much more troubleshooting to do through the forums. You would best be served by opening a case an working directly with one of our Engineers.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Bug CSCuv95869