Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi 150AX Not obtaing IP address Please read

overstockoutlet
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for any help.

Brand New Small Business installing 150 AX.  3 total. 

Can location/radio interference cause an issue?

I have one location that will not obtain IP address(red,green,off)  I can change the units (use different Access Points), take the units to another location and they work fine.  I have tried switching all three and they all do the same thing.  I have run 2 new runs of cat6 and triple checked the connectors with a tester.  The run of cable is only 100ft.  Other items (cameras) will work on the runs of cable at this location. 

This is installed on the ceiling in the middle of retail space.  There is nothing around to cause interference, but this is cabled so should be able to get IP address. Have reset to factory and tried to start with all new.  No changes. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

5 Replies 5

auth1337
Level 1
Level 1

Hey @overstockoutlet have you tried putting other device (camera) on the same cable (port)?

Yes we have tried multiple ports on the switch.  Yes camera will work on that same cable and port as well as the others. 

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check switch port status of the AP connected port (should be connected and up)  (e.g.) ; check if port speed is as intended (normally 1G)   ; check port error counters. too.
         - Check if sufficient power is or can be provided to the AP , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you.

AP port will work for other AP device if switched.  We have verified port is acting as it should.  No power alarms, we have even put on the power injector that was shipped with the unit.  The unit is on just will not obtain IP **bleep**.  I change this port with another port that is actively working for another AP and the AP does the same thing.  I change that AP with the one that was working and it does the same thing.  Has something to do with the location.  As I said I pulled 2 new cat 6 cables out and still get the same result. 

- Wait at least 10 minutes to let the AP initialize
                      - Check DHCP server's logs for address request coming from the AP Mac address ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '