cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRT320N and WAP4410N

wannathermal
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WRT320N connected to my cable router and I would like to use the WAP4410N that I have to increase the range. In our upstairs office the WRT320N will only connect at 30MPS (appx). Not enough to connect to the NAS and work with large files. I can connect the WAP to the WRT over wireless and all seems fine but then after a while the connection is lost and I have to restart or reconfigure the WAP to get it to connect again. Any ideas would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

John Frankish
Level 1
Level 1

If you're speaking about using the wap4410n as a repeater for the wrt320n, there have been a couple of threads about the problems users have had using a wap4410n as a repeater for another wap4410n and you might be seeing the same problem.

There's apparently a fix coming out in a new wap4410n firmware version or, in the meantime, you could try using wep encryption instead of wpa2 - that helped in my case.

John

Thanks for the reply.

I had it connected with WEP for a while and then tried to get it connected using WPA2. The WEP speeds are not fast enough for the files we are working on, media embedded PPT's.

Do you know when the new firmware is coming out?

Bob

I  don't know when the new firmware will come out, but you could try the beta firmware attached in the topic subject "