Views
Helpful
Replies

WRT320N

edwardleonidas1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco WRT320N.

I want to use it as a repeater, because my NETGEAR router isn't quite reaching my office desktop across the house.

I don't want to use a cable in between the routers.

I want to set up the Cisco router somewhere in the house, repeating the signal from my NETGEAR, so I have adequate connection strength from the office.

Can anyone please give me some very simple steps on how to do this???  Every set of instructions I've read either read like a manual for building a jet engine, or they recommend changing out my firmware for DD-WRT (instructions for which are even more confusing).

I have Apple machines, not Windows.  Seriously - any straightforward, simple, ideally step-by-step instructions would be AMAZING right now.  Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Shawn Guertin
Level 1
Level 1

I think you are on the wrong forum, here we are used to advanced network infrasctucture with complicated command lines, fortunately, my friend did exactly what you are asking me, and he is a Mac guy.

I googled wrt320n dd-wrt repeater and here is the best step-by-step guide I found, I suggest you to search for more answers:
http://www.legendiary.at/2010/08/28/add-wrt320n-as-client-bridge-onto-wrt610n-router-on-5ghz-band/

There is no solution with the stock firmware, there is no easy way to do it, but it is possible.