Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1140 access point. Poweroverethernet.

I have a 1140 Access Point.  i notice the AC dapter did not come in the box.

Maybe because it was poweroverethernet. My question is  there any advantage in using ac adapter vs poweroverethernet?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Reggie. Could you please mark this thread as "Answered" so that other customer can use this information?

Regards,

Vinay

Thanks & Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reggie,

No real benefit.  PoE should provide full power to the AP, just like it was on a hard supply.  The only difference is that you don't need to have a power outlet available near the AP to power it up.

Cheers,

Steve

--

If  this helps you and/or answers  your question please mark the question as "answered" and/or rate it, so  other users can easily find it.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As such nothing.. its just the extra overhead to use the power supply!! power source near the AP

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thank you all for your accurate quick response.

Thanks Reggie. Could you please mark this thread as "Answered" so that other customer can use this information?

Regards,

Vinay

Thanks & Regards

I have more question. Since I dont have a power supply how do I configure the unit using the ethernet console and what is the default IP address 10.0.0.0?

Hi,

Please mark it answered, who actually answered ur question!!

Ok to answer your question .. please connect the device to a POE switch and then based on  the VLAN the switchport it is mapped to, you will come to know the IP address of the AP.. By default the AP will be accessible using 10.0.0.1 IP address!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card