Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1142 LAP in Operational Status 'Down'

Hi everyone,

The last three new APs I have received from our supplier (official Cisco 1142 LAPs) have all successfully connected to our 4400 series WLCs but are all reporting as being in an Operational Status of 'Down' ie their A/B/G/N radios are not broadcasting even though the APs are all in an enabled state. Furthermore, there is no steady green light showing on the APs - there is no light showing whatsoever (although they were displaying the familiar red-orange-green lights while they were pulling down the IOS images from the WLCs).

The only strange thing I have noticed is that in the AP config screen, the ‘Mini IOS version’ is shown as being v7.3.x. The other – working APs – we have of the 1142 series show v3.x. I know that controller code v7.2 and above only work with the newer 5500 and 7500 series WLCs. Could this be the issue and have any of you seen this issue previously? I am running WLC code v7.0.230.0.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

rgrds,

inayat

35 Replies 35

Thanks for posting!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Awesome...Thanks!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Operational Status of 'Down' ie their A/B/G/N radios are not broadcasting even though the APs are all in an enabled state

How about the wireless network?  Maybe it's "globally" disabled?

Wireless > 802.11a/n > Network > General > 802.11a Network Status ticked?

Are they in monitor mode?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So the AP is fine until you actually move it to a different AP Group? And of you power cycle the AP you don't see any lights even when it's booting up?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

CSCud76044 - LWAPP LED fails to glow after booting up

Symptom:

LWAPP AP LED switches off after booting up.

Conditions:

LWAPP AP running mini IOS 7_3_1_73. AP need not have joined controller for the issue to manifest.

mini IOS 7_3_1_73 is equal to bootloader version 12.4(23c)JA5.

Workaround:

config ap led-state enable from the controller.

First Found in:

12.4(23c)JA5

Fixed in:

7.0(240.1)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-30253

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card