Views
Helpful
Replies

1242G AP disconnects from WLC

sudeesh12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have some 1242 AP which are connected to WLC 4400. Sometimes the APs disconnects from WLC and connects again by itself.

anyone knows the reason ? Please help.

thanks in advance

Sudeesh S

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There can be hundreds of reasons.

Can you maybe look in the syslogs and trap logs the reason message given ?

Do they disconnected all or several at the same time ? or one by one randomly ?

Nicolas

HI I do have the same issue ...the difference is in my case its WLC 2125 with 5.2.193.0.

However its random that user's connected to access points suddenly drops the connectvity and get "Limited Connectivty Error". Howerver i think there is no problem from the DHCP server end.

User's connected in multiple areas gets disonnected and they Connects back automatically.....

Plz Help

HI I do have the same issue ...the difference is in my case its WLC 2125 with 5.2.193.0.

Upgrade your firmware to 7.0.X and try again.

Thanks for the advice i will do that and will post the result....However want to just highlight certain things ->

1) The problem is there since day one - after the installation of WLC.

2) Previously customer had only Standalone AP's and was working fine. Since they extended their office floors managability of AP's became problem  and there fore went for the WLC with Lightweight access points

3) But by mistake they ordered 5 light weight and 4 Standalone.

4) Then we dint have an option than downgrading the standlone to light weight so that they can work with controller.

5) I am relatively new in wireless and responsibility has come to me to handle this task. What i observed is even if i am connected to leightweight access point my connectivity drops...so the issue is not in firmware downgrade of standalone to lightweight... There is one more thing......the number of user's have increased ove the period of time.

6)However the previously installed standalone access points dont have any problem at all.

Plz help. I will upgrade the firmware ...but customer feels there is a configuration issue on WLC.

Thanks

Imran

First at all, we will need the topology.

2) configuration and logs

3) switch configuration

4) console access to the AP

5) debugging from the WLC side.

Let us know if it is possible, I am willing to help but as has already being mentioned, there could be thousand of possible reasons why this happens, starting from power issues to even bugs... If you have any tool for remote access to the switch WLC and APs that would be great.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card