cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1532 ap,s dropping off

kagemusha11
Level 1
Level 1

we have a local sports complex that had 4 existing 1320 ap,s mounted on field lighting poles. with pelco ip cameras connected to three of the ap,s.they are configured with one root bridge and 3 non root bridges, all in autonomous mode. we recently added r more ap,s all the 1532 I series also configured in in autonomous mode with i root bridge and 2 non root bridge.the 2 non root bridge ap,s have aercont ip cameras connected to them.the problem i am having is that the 1532 ap,s camera images are constantly dropping out in a random pattern. i am not sure what i need to do so that the surveillance camera,s stay online.also i should note the 1320 ap,s are using the 2.5 ghz. radio and the 1532 ap,s are using the 5ghz radios. the distance from the non root bridge ap,s is about 350 feet to the root bridge.tried to add the config files for the ap,s but could not get it to work.

any help is appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would first make sure you channel on the 5ghz is using UNI-3 band to avoid DFS radar events which can force the AP to look for a different channel thus taking down the wireless until a channel is found and then the non-root bridges have to discover the parent root again.  Look at the logs on the AP and see what the link looks like, signal and SNR.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card