Views
Helpful
Replies

1532E point-to-point bridge suddenly getting weak signal

s.lachica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Just want to reach out to ask what are the possible reasons for an AP setup 1532E point to point bridged with each other for getting weaker signal and getting disconnected all of a sudden. It's been working for more than a year just fine. The line of sight was inspected, there might be some obstacles, but nothing has changed since the beginning. It is using 5 Ghz band.

We increased antenna gain and configured mobile station, and shut/no-shut the Dot11Radio1 interface, and we went from totally down to 80-90% ping success rate.

I have not much experience with this AP setup so i just want to ask for opinions or experiences that you may have.

Thanks!

CCIE (R&S) #27666 CCSI HP MASE
2 Replies 2

s.lachica
Level 1
Level 1

Already solved. 

it was a wrong port  connection of the antenna (Connected to 2.4 Ghz port instead of 5 Ghz ports).

CCIE (R&S) #27666 CCSI HP MASE

Wow... I guess it’s was back to the basic of checking layer 1. Well good job finding that. Most of everyone here would probably assume the installation was done properly:) Good to information to bring visibility back to the install.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: