Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1552 AP mesh connectivity issue

Dear all,

I am trying to configure two aps to work as mesh (Root with Nonroot), so i have logged in to the WLC 5508 IOS 7.2, and the two aps were discovered successfully.

browsing to each ap using the wlc gui, AP role was given as Root to the first one and Mesh to the second one.

Same bridge group name was given for both.

Bridge data rate was set to auto.

Everything else was set to default, distance to 12000 feets, and transparent vlan was checked only.

Now when i remove the ethernet cable from the Mesh AP (Connected to AC power source), nothing happens and the logs shows that the Mesh AP is seraching for the appropriate frequency channel through the backhaul dot0 and dot1 radio interfaces, but it keeps searching for more than 20 minutes.

a DHCP pool is configured on the switch only and because i have just one controller, dhcp option 43 is not configured.

Any idea

thanx in advance

3 Replies 3

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what is the rap and map channel.

set rap and map channel to static ex: 40 and unplug.

Actually I turned on the a/n statistics and it worked

Thanx all

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I was going to say, did you check to see if that SSID for the bridge is coming out! I bet you wont ever forget this one!

BTW here is the mesh deisgn guide, if you are looking for bathroom reading material. Its pretty good!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/7.0/design/guide/MeshAP_70.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin