cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1601 AP LED Status

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Please give me sanity check on the new 1601 AP. I have a client associated and authenticated to a 1601. This I can tell from the Wireless Lan Controller 5508 running 7.5 software. The LED on the AP is solid green and the documentation states that this is normal.

My question is: Why did Cisco change from Blue to Green? I expected the normal operating color to be solid blue, just like on the 1142 model.

Thank you in advance!         

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The reason is for cost savings.  The 1602 has parts that make these AP's affordable or should I say competive to other vendors equipment.  The LED light is one of those parts that has been changed and that is why you will not see the light change when there is an association or not.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The reason is for cost savings.  The 1602 has parts that make these AP's affordable or should I say competive to other vendors equipment.  The LED light is one of those parts that has been changed and that is why you will not see the light change when there is an association or not.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card