Views
Helpful
Replies

1602 AP doesn't join my backup vWLC

anida0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my vWLC and AP 1602. I have the  vWLC 1 with 7.4.121. software in cloud and 3 AP's 1602 and it is working fine. And I tried to make a Backup Controller vWLC 2 on Local network. I downloaded the cfg file, changedn the IP adress and uploaded on my new vWLC 2 with 8.0.100.0 software. The vWLC 2 picked up the  VLANs and it has same configuration like the  vWLC 1 but it can't see AP's..

Did anybody have a similar problem and managed to fix it?

3 Replies 3

Did you try to go for individual AP (if it is registered to vWLC1) & then change the Primary & Secondary controller information under High Availability tab?

Make vWLC2 as primary & vWLC1 as secondary.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Yes, I did that.

When I checked statistics of "AP join", I saw that the  vWLC 2 reciveid  requests from AP's and then vWLC 2 sent response to AP's but still  AP's didn't join to vWLC 2. I think that the problem is new version of software(8.0.100.0) on my vWLC 2 whose software supports 15.3.3 IOS version of AP's , but on my  AP's  is  still 15.2.2 version  ( because the software 7.4.121.0 on my vWLC 1 supports  that version of AP's  IOS).

I dont know what should be my next step?

Pls attach a console output of a AP (one of the one you set vWLC2 as primary) when it power cycle. That will tell us why it cannot register to vWLC2

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card