cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1835 WIM stuck as EWC

anthonyvilleda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I have this 1835 router that I have been working with as a test kit before we start handing them out. In our testing we ran into an issue with the WIM connecting to our organizations WLC. In the troubleshooting we decided to do a factory reset on the WIM and when the module reloaded it came back as an WLC. I haven't worked with this much so I'm not sure how that happened or how to reverse it but if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was trying to make the WIM as CAPWAP but i figured out a solution. I was able to assign the WIM an IP and access the AP via ssh using the default login of Cisco Cisco. Once in the CLI changed the AP type and repointed the AP to my organizations WLC and all was good. Thank you for the response. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know what you are trying to do?  You want it as an EWC, WGB or CAPWAP?  You must treat it as a regular ap and if you need to convert it, just follow the normal steps.  Here is a guide if you didn't see it yet.  You can also just search the internet for the ways to convert the ap.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/IR1800/software/b-cisco-ir1800-scg/m-wifi.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I was trying to make the WIM as CAPWAP but i figured out a solution. I was able to assign the WIM an IP and access the AP via ssh using the default login of Cisco Cisco. Once in the CLI changed the AP type and repointed the AP to my organizations WLC and all was good. Thank you for the response. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card