cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2504 controller died

art-barrera
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone ever had an online 2504 controller crash after upgrade to the point where even console port does not put anything out? Perfectly working 2504 running 7.0.116 ran upgrade through web GUI to 7.2. GUI showed perfect transfer, save etc... Asked for save before reboot. Select yes. Controller reboot and now it sits with following status lights:
Power-green
SYS - amber blinking
ALM - amber solid

Nothing out of console

Thx //art

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I had a 4402 go bad after an upgrade. I have also had 5508's go bad within a month of an install. You just never know... My 2504 in my home lab is still going strong and believe me... I upgrade and downgrade the WLC a lot.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks! I've done many up and down on different platforms and I would have bet a paycheck on consistent upgrades.....until now. Even when you use the wrong software, bad transfer...these devices tell you. This one told me everything was good up until it said you need reload. Save and reload and it never came back. NOTHING on console. Never seen that before.

Thanks again Scott. Appreciate your support in this community.

//art

Art,

Did you accidentally use the wrong code? the reason I ask is because i have used the 5508 code on my 2504 with no issues, since they are the same code.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott

Weird ... File name I used was different. Name was AIR-CT2504-K9-7. Etc.....

Different than what I use for 5500's.

//art

Just to close the loop.  Called TAC and they issued RMA today.

Hate not knowing root cause but without a console connection, I really don't have any options.

//art

Well hopefully the replacement is working... I just upgraded mine to 7.4 and went back to 7.3 with no issues and back to 7.4... might just go back to 7.3:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott

Thx.  BTW, did you upgrade a 2504 to 7.4?  If so, I assume no issues with the 1.8 FUS for that platform?

//art

Art,

I did upgrade to test some things out. Indoor mesh broke and any AP801's the radios stayed down. Downgraded to 7.3 and everything worked... So what I'm going to test next is if OfficeExtend still works or not but that might be in a few days.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card