Views
Helpful
Replies

2504 software update

hayden2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
I have just bought a new 2504 WLAN controller and 2x 2602 lightweight APs. I can't get them to talk because the controller has v7.2 software and needs to be at least 7.3. The unit has a mfg date oh Oct 12. Is there a way to get the upgrade with it being a new product without having an additional support contract on it?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Replies 3

thefranmanatt
Level 1
Level 1

Have you call the 1-800 number yet?

CCNP - Wireless
CWNE #136

I would also call the vendor that sold you the equipment to see if they can get you the code you want.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In addition to Scott's recommendation, can you also ask your vendor to provide you with a Cisco Service Contract to allow you to download the 2500 firmware?

Just to give you a heads-up, please don't be fooled by your vendor to purchase a "maintenance contract" with your 2600 AP as all 802.11n-capable APs now have Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty.   You may need a maintenance contract to the 2504 should it fail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: