cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3 Qty Cisco 2504 Wireless Controllers Availability Group

ishara
Level 1
Level 1

We have 3 qty Cisco 2504 WLCs. 2 qty are configured as redundant. Another 1 WLC runs separately. Is there any method for All 3 WLCs configured as the Same availability group and WLC as primary, secondary, and Tertiary? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Yes   , by using N+1 High Availability , where you sync the controllers configuration (manually during setup) and assign an Primary , secondary and tertiary controller  for the access points , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

lemuel_isaac
Level 1
Level 1

@ishara if you are asking whether it is possible in High Availability mode (3 WLCs as Active-Standby1-Standby2;) then answer is No. Please choose @marce1000 's N+1 model in this case. Another suggestion would be to continue your existing 2 units as HA pair and use the 3rd unit as standalone WLC. so your APs can have Primary base as your HA pair, and Secondary base, the 3rd unit as Standalone WLC. If unit 1 fails, unit 2 will take over in sub second. If both unit 1 and 2 fails, APs will join unit 3 in approx. 10-30 seconds. pls make sure that config on unit 3  be same as HA pair, as they don't sync automatically. 

Lemuel

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Yes   , by using N+1 High Availability , where you sync the controllers configuration (manually during setup) and assign an Primary , secondary and tertiary controller  for the access points , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

lemuel_isaac
Level 1
Level 1

@ishara if you are asking whether it is possible in High Availability mode (3 WLCs as Active-Standby1-Standby2;) then answer is No. Please choose @marce1000 's N+1 model in this case. Another suggestion would be to continue your existing 2 units as HA pair and use the 3rd unit as standalone WLC. so your APs can have Primary base as your HA pair, and Secondary base, the 3rd unit as Standalone WLC. If unit 1 fails, unit 2 will take over in sub second. If both unit 1 and 2 fails, APs will join unit 3 in approx. 10-30 seconds. pls make sure that config on unit 3  be same as HA pair, as they don't sync automatically. 

Lemuel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card