cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

340 AP Authentication

josaia
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 340 series AP and have already installed the driver for my 350 series PCMCIA LAN adapter.

I've checked that the AP has a valid IP (10.x.x.x) assigned to it(on our core LAN switch).

I get a 169.x.x.x IP address.The Aironet Client Utility(ACU) shows that it authenticates(and is associated) and then after a few seconds(~15secs) deauthenticates....after awhile it authenticates again and picks up the same address.Then it deauthenticates.This continues indefinitely.

What could be the problem??

Any help greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

I hope you have not configured a valid Static IP address in the same Range 10.x.x.x to the LAN adapter.

169.x.x.x series is a automatic IP address being issued . Since the DHCP option is enabled on the LAN adapter and no DHCP is available on the network.

A Windows-based computer that is configured to use DHCP can automatically assign itself an Internet Protocol (IP) address if a DHCP server is not available. For example, this could occur on a network without a DHCP server, or on a network if a DHCP server is temporarily down for maintenance.

The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has reserved 169.254.0.0-169.254.255.255 for Automatic Private IP Addressing. As a result, APIPA provides an address that is guaranteed not to conflict with routable addresses.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card