Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

385012S-E & Connection With APs

Hello gedlemen. Before continue to my Q. I would like  mentions the critical and  how usable is this  community for us , people who they are using cisco devices . Thanks for All.

Now my questions is . There is in roadmap of cisco company , the switch 3850 acting as MC (WLC) to assign APs that are not directly connected on the 3850 switch/wlc ?  

4 Replies 4

Now my questions is . There is in roadmap of cisco company , the switch 3850 acting as MC (WLC) to assign APs that are not directly connected on the 3850 switch/wlc ? 

Most of us in this community not working for Cisco. So not aware of any of road map information. Knowing this technology for last 3-4 years, I can tell that there is no sign of availability of this feature all this time.

So my guess is, it won't be available in future as well (I may be wrong - time will tell it)

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

I am aware  about your volunteering . This is the reason for the grate job you are doing in this forum.

Thanks for the response again.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As far as I remembered being told, the answer is NO.  The AP needs to be directly connected to the switch (3650, 3850, or 4500R+E with Sup8E).  The logic behind this is the up-link from the AP to the switch and the up-link from this switch to the MC.  One of the role of the MC is to strip away unnecessary traffic before the wireless data get pushed up the line.  How will the MC knows the data is from an AP if the AP isn't directly connected to the MC?  

I would like  mentions the critical and  how usable is this  community for us , people who they are using cisco devices .

Like what Rasika said, we are all volunteers.  We are not paid by Cisco to do this.  

And this is why I recommend that if anyone wants immediate reply with their queries to create a TAC Case.  

I am aware  about your volunteering . This is the reason for the grate job you are doing in this forum.

Thanks for the response again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card