Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5411 EAP session timed out

Dear,

I have the following scenario my ACS is integrated into Active Directory and WLCs send attempts authentication to ACS radius, This going to the ACS becomes unstable by increasing the latency of the protocol Radius according shown in the image, this causes the users can not connect to the network and the health of the ACS for the Radius protocol becomes a critical condition. appreciate if someone can help me with this issue.

processes, disk space is checked and no problems were observed.

3 Replies 3

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

This could be a Bug CSCtg12399

Dear,

thanks for the input, a query has happened adcional latency of radius> = 30000 protocol as milliseconds and this causes the radius service unavailable, this happens very often.

Best Regards,

Jhon

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Ability to suppress 5411 EAP Session Timeout messages on ACS 5.x
CSCue51879
Symptom:
5411 EAP session timout messages are seen in the ACS log viewer.

Conditions:
EAP Timeout messages are commonly seen with PEAP. EAP-TLS when there is a thread left open
on ACS due to the abrupt restart of the EAP session from a supplicant causing both a successful authentication followed later by the EAP-Session timeout message. Most of the times, these messages are cosmetic and do not indicate a real issue. If the clients are authenticating successfully, the messages can be ignored safely.

Workaround:
Make sure the drivers on the client machines are updated.
Also see,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9911/products_tech_note09186a0080bb8100.shtml#err5411

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: