cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5508 WLC access

Hooey610
Level 1
Level 1

I accidentally disabled the Network user and Management for a Radius Authentication server and now I am unable to log into the GUI. How can I enable through CLI? I am able to connect to the CLI via the service port but do not know what commands to run to enable Management and Network user.

5 Replies 5

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you didnt save the config after the change, if the situation permits you can reboot the wlc. Or you can create a local management user from CLI using below command.

config aaa auth mgmt local

config mgmtuser add <uname> <password> read-write

But how did you access the WLC via service port? which credentials did you use?

I am unable to access the GUI with the admin password but was able to access the CLI with the admin password. If I create a new management user will I be able to access the GUI with auth status disabled on one of the DHCP servers under Security - Radius - Authentication?

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you check whether you have any CPU ACL's assigned to limit GUI access and if yes make sure that you are accessing WLC using a allowed IP.

I'll give a rundown of what happened.

I was in the GUI for the WLC. I was in Security - AAA - Radius - Authentication. In the authentication area I have a DC that I set to 1.

I clicked on that DC and I unchecked the Network User and Management radio buttons. After that I am now unable to access the GUI. Is there a way to enable the Network User and Management through command line?

By the below command you are completely removing AAA from authentication list

config aaa auth mgmt local

Then you can create a local user with RW access and do the changes you require

onfig mgmtuser add <uname> <password> read-write

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card