Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5508 wlc management interface and service port

I would like to ask a question

I'm in the  condition of having two different subnets for the service and management interface and both connected to the network

we used to connect the wlcs via service port to the NCS (same service subnet 172.20.28.0/24) while management is on 172.31.20.0/24 and we don't have access to the  management gui via management ip

what is not clear is that on cisco docs is that it specifies that management interface should be assigned to a different supernet...

and

"Do not configure wired clients in the same VLAN or subnet of the service port of the controller on the network. If you configure wired clients on the same subnet or VLAN as the service port, it is not possible to access the management interface of the controller"

do you have any explanation for those facts?

removing the service cable will solve or a reboot is needed?

what kind og network is needed to have service connected and management ip https services?

thank you very much

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shaoqin Li
Level 3
Level 3

it is due to how routing is setup on wlc. if you are in service port vlan, packets sent to you will be sourced from service port instead of mgmt. so you can't manage it. you can only visit service port.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Shaoqin Li
Level 3
Level 3

it is due to how routing is setup on wlc. if you are in service port vlan, packets sent to you will be sourced from service port instead of mgmt. so you can't manage it. you can only visit service port.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

thank you very much that makes sense, so I will need to change service port address ( maybe a class A or C ) or disconnect that port from the network ...

thank you again very much your help is really appreciated

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card