cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9115ax cosole issue

brettlarkins
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any issues using a console cable on the new 9115AX AP's?

Are there any unusual settings, unlike all the other AP's and switches, like a strange Baud rate, or anything?

I have a couple console cables that works for all my Cisco gear, but I cannot get any good output from this new AP, and I only have 1 AX AP to test with, so I cannot tell if I just got a "bad" one, or if I'm missing something.

All it shows when consoled and booting up is gibberish:

QYi²q²+aAK SIIaA QI‹IaQY( »2aaAA!axh`Iii i) QYi!» ) AIaQIIa QIP²QY( ;"+a9 Ãy1 »aÃIa ムcY XaÛ²XiY ÃqAaIQ)@²Bq IÐiÒañ ÂqAcXaãYaQãXAQy@²IP)@²ApûAAIQ`@#q`PãaãY`YaYiXáÙISqA`ÛP)Ai@qû"IP«AashPq`YiÙö`XaXÿííííý÷íí/QAÔYI iÛsIÿ²P{@hIQ`@i@pûIIÒ)Òaã RpûhXiYÿíííííÿíí2iÛiXiXMQyCiKQ)@ @q ƒIR`ÒaqiQpûiXaX2aXiIX Qy@"ƒIP)Ò"@q`AIP)@!q*Rpû(YiÛEcYAXiYaPë@(KQa@h@Pù`AIQ+@!q(Âq*QaXAaY`XiXaPyÃEKQ)Òh@ñaAKQ)@!qaPãaaYh\ãY`XIX(QqAºIÒ)@ºApûaIR+@£ñhQñ*‘iYIQaXiiXiSyC(AIP(AºAqiIQ«Aaq(Âq(iYhXcYiiYhPyA(AIQ«@ºAqMIQ`R#qiPpûiã[(YiYi“aXISqÃ(AIQaA)@q(AIQ`@!qºQqIXiÛºYiY:iYiPy@iAIQ«R(Âq [PiÒaq QqaQa[aXaX`XIXaÃy@aAIQa@aAã`AIP@@!q²PãaiÛÿYAüSI`XM\XKÿaXaYaQq@ IQ)@aAñ AIÐ(Òaã Pq

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Cold/poweron-boot the AP , then tap the space bar at regular intervals during the boot process. Check if this helps.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

brettlarkins
Level 1
Level 1

Turns out it was just a "Bad" AP.  I've worked with many 9115 and 9120 AP's over the last 6 months and never encountered this issue again with any of the others.  Same console settings as all AP's and switches before... this was just a bad AP.

Thanks for posting! This info will help others.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card