cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access points not showing in Prime 3.1

johnmdolan
Level 1
Level 1

I have access points that I prepped at my office.  They are 2802i.  I am replacing 3602 access points and using 7500 flex controllers with 8.2.130.0 software.

When I replace them at buildings, they do not show up in Prime.  The old ones are still there but show down.  I cannot delete them because they still say they are associated.  This process was working fine up until a few weeks ago.  nothing else has changed.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all, upgrade to at least 8.2.151.0 if you want to use the 2802i. The older releases had a lot of bugs with the x8xx series. I had massive issues with our Intel wifi client base, which were mostly fixed by 8.2.151.0. Some clients also needed a driver update, but most were working after the WLC upgrade.

Regarding your question, they also don't appear if you wait 15 minutes?

Which patch and more important device pack is installed on PI 3.1? If I remember correctly, you need at least device pack 4 or 5 for the new 2802i to be discovered. You can directly install the latest version.

You might want to upgrade PI to 3.2 because of database corruption issues that some other users had. If you do and are using the virtual appliance, make a fresh installation. If the database is already corrupt, your backups will also be corrupt.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all, upgrade to at least 8.2.151.0 if you want to use the 2802i. The older releases had a lot of bugs with the x8xx series. I had massive issues with our Intel wifi client base, which were mostly fixed by 8.2.151.0. Some clients also needed a driver update, but most were working after the WLC upgrade.

Regarding your question, they also don't appear if you wait 15 minutes?

Which patch and more important device pack is installed on PI 3.1? If I remember correctly, you need at least device pack 4 or 5 for the new 2802i to be discovered. You can directly install the latest version.

You might want to upgrade PI to 3.2 because of database corruption issues that some other users had. If you do and are using the virtual appliance, make a fresh installation. If the database is already corrupt, your backups will also be corrupt.

I created a new VM with 3.2 and upgraded the controllers to 8.2.151.0.  They show up now from one controller but not the other.  This may be due to not moving the licenses yet.  I dread the license part because it seems Cisco sucks at it.  I love the hardware but am not impressed with support.  I spent 4.5 hours on the phone and webex watching the tech do all sorts of pointless clicking because english was not his mother tongue.  Your answer seems to have fixed it.  I told them your answer 2 hrs in (when I read it) They ignore what I told them I read.

Thank you very much.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card