Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding AP's into a WLC

Greetings fellows,

Kindly assist about the configuration to add Cisco AIR-AP1832i-K9 to a Cisco WS-C3650-48PS.

I have been trying to google the concept and configuration steps but I have found a clearly document step by step configuration that I can follow.

Most examples are GUI based I would prefer  CLI based configuration steps follow which I intend to later on create a template.

I look forwarding to your generous sharing of knowledge.

Thanks

Nkosana

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Are you trying to implement a converged access solution? If so, that solution is no longer being supported. With the 1832 access points, you can also implement Mobility Express which also is no longer a Cisco solution moving forward. What you should look into is the 9800 controllers which has support for the access points you have. If you have ESXi or Windows Server running hyper-v, you can install the 9800-CL which is a virtual controller. You would implement the access points in FlexConnect mode in that case.
However, if you still want to use your switch as a controller, then just backup the configuration before you start, do everything in the GUI then when you are completed, backup the configuration and run a diff between the config. That will show you what commands were added or modified and you can build your template off of that.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: