Views
Helpful
Replies

After Upgrade WLC doesn't boot

lydia.walther
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @All,

I wanted to upgrade our three WLC 4402 from software version 5.0.148 to 6.0.202.0.

The upgrade on the first controller was working. Unfortunately he lost all the local management users and it's MAC filters, but restoring this was not the problem.

After upgrading the second controller.... the device does not boot anymore! The alarm led is RED and I don't know what to do.

The only way to get connected to the controller is via the console port. There I can see a "parse error" but I don't know if that is the problem. Please look at the "log" attached.

I'm not sure if the red alarm led was there before upgrading the controller software because the device is located to another place.

I'm really concerned about upgrading the third controller because it's the most important wlc.

Can someone help me? What's the problem?

Greetings Lydia

3 Replies 3

lydia.walther
Level 1
Level 1

The controller does not respond to pressing ESC.

You have but two choices:

1.  Contact TAC to get your appliance RMA-ed; or

2.  Contact TAC and they'll help you how to re-load the firmware back into your controller.

Thank you for your answer.

After all the controller respond to pressing ESC and I activated booting the backup image. Now the controller was booting successfull.

Maybe I will try to send the newer image again to the controller.

Greetings Lydia

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card